Our recruitment needs change regularly to meet client demand. If you are interested in a career with Dallas Mercer Consulting please forward your resume to [email protected].
DISABILITY MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Dallas Mercer Consulting Inc. (DMC) is a disability management company, specializing in workplace injury and non-occupational leave management, industrial hygiene and occupational health and safety consulting and training. We pride ourselves in assisting clients in all sectors of the economy across Canada. Our success has been recognized throughout our 15 years in business, most notably through the Mount Pearl Chamber of Commerce Premier’s Award in 2008, being named one of the Top Ten Business Leaders to Watch by Atlantic Business Magazine in 2012, the receipt of the St. John’s Board of Trade Business Excellence Award for Leader in Growth and Sales in 2012, the RBC Royal Bank Entrepreneurial Excellence Award from NLOWE in 2015, and being recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top 50 CEOs.
Due to our ongoing national growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Disability Management Consultant in our head office in St. John’s, NL and in New Brunswick. The New Brunswick candidate must be bilingual in English and French.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing disability claims (both occupational and non-occupational) to resolution. As the ideal candidate, you are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, both as part of a team and on your own. You have an analytical mind, are well organized and have excellent communication skills. As a strategic thinker, you commonly use approaches that are “outside the box” to assist clients with workplace absences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong relationships with clients across Canada
- Developing and maintaining case management plans that are outcome focused to help injured or ill employees return to work
- Using a collaborative approach with employers, health care providers and employees to create action plans to safely return absent employees to work
- Identifying and assessing medical and non-medical factors
- Reviewing and assessing medical, functional and occupational information
- Identifying and mitigating barriers to the Return to Work plan
- Mandatory minimum 3-5 years of Disability Case Management experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of insurance systems and workers’ compensation legislation
- Excellent analytical, communication and letter writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy degrees considered an asset
- Bilingual in English and French (New Brunswick position)
DMC prides itself on providing a supportive environment that offers a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, RRSP program, medical & dental benefits and opportunities for training and development. This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.