The objective of this training is to provide the participant with awareness and information of all aspects of asbestos abatement. After completion of this course, the participant will be able to assist a trained asbestos supervisor during abatement.
The required content of this course is outlined in Schedule B of the Newfoundland and Labrador Asbestos Abatement Regulations, 1998.
Who Should Attend?
Workers who will engage in any work in connection with asbestos abatement must complete a one day training program through a recognized provider.
One (1) day
- Asbestos Production and Uses
- Friable and Non-Friable Products
- Friable Sprayed Products Used in Buildings
- Insulation used on Mechanical Systems
- Health Effects – Occupational and Non-Occupational
- Classifications of Asbestos Work
- Worker Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- The Respirator Program
- Protective Clothing
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Hands-on Training (Glove Bag Methods, Small Enclosure)
The approved ratio for training is 1 trained Supervisor (3 Day program) for every 5 trained workers (1 Day program).
Three (3) years