An aerial work platform is a mobile device that has an adjustable position platform supported from ground level by a structure that is power operated with primary functions, including drive, controlled from the platform (CSA B354.2-01).
Who Should Attend?
This training covers instruction on the safe operating of both scissor lifts and boom lifts. All personnel required to operate an aerial work platform should complete this training program to ensure they understand the risks associated with this type of equipment and how to minimize the hazards.
- Definition of Aerial Work Platforms (AWP)
- Types of Aerial Work Platform’s
- Legislative Requirements
- CSA Standards
- Responsibilities of Manufacturers, Dealers, Owners and Users
- Hazards Associated with AWP
- Reducing Risk
- Five Principles of Safe Operation
- Pre-use inspection of AWP
- Practical Exercise
Fall Protection training
Three (3) years